Booking Terms & Conditions Policy
To confirm your reservation a 25% non-refundable deposit is required within 2 weeks of booking. The due date will be shown on your confirmation & payment form.
For groups, we will accept both one payment (cheque or credit card) for each of the initial and final deposits, or multiple cheques and credit card payments for each deposit.
All credit card payments must include a signed authorization form for both the initial and final deposit with the dates that payments are due. If paying by cheque, please send a post-dated cheque to be sure payment is received on time.
Chatter Creek accepts cheques, money orders, Visa and Mastercard. We are unable to accept Amex.
All our rates are quoted in Canadian dollars and are inclusive of taxes.
For the 2021-2022 season, all final payments are due by October 25th, 2021.
The final 75% payment is due as follows:
- December & January trips: September 30
- Trips starting February 1 to March 13: October 31
- Trips starting March 13 to end of the season: November 30
For bookings made after the above deadlines, full payment is due upon reservation.
By booking and paying for your trip you accept our terms and conditions, waiver and cancellation policies on our website. Please ensure you have read them in detail before you book.
Group Organizer Rebates /Group Discounts are offered as an incentive to motivated group organizers who do most of the administration required for their group. To qualify for the rebate all the following criteria must be met:
- All group members must have contacted the office with their information by the time the final payment is processed.
- The rooming list must be provided with or prior to the final payment being processed. Group Organizer rebates are reviewed and adjusted annually.
CCML reserves the right to adjust Group Organizer rebates prior to the release of the following years prices.
Standard Booking & Cancellation Policy
By booking and paying for your trip you accept the terms and conditions, waiver and cancellation policies as set out on our website. Please ensure you have read these polices in detail before you book.
All payments received are not cash refundable. When applicable, credits towards a future trip will be issued.
If a tour is cancelled due to weather, snow instability, or any other reason, CCML will issue a credit forward towards your tour in the following year equal to 100% of the value of payments received. If a tour is partially cancelled for any reason, CCML will issue a prorated credit equal to the cancelled days forward toward the following year’s tour. For partially cancelled tours the heli-transport costs are not refundable. Guests will be responsible for payment related to price increases in the following year and these amounts must be paid in full at the final payment due date.
Standard Cancellation Policy Exemptions
For early season tours commencing on or before December 12th, a full cash refund will be issued if the tour is cancelled due to early season conditions. For all other tours commencing from December 13th to the end of the operating season, the standard booking and cancellation policy applies.
Resale of Your Trip Seat
Resale of Your Trip Seat
In the event that following the confirmation of your booking, you are unable to attend your tour for any reason, CCML will work with you to resell your trip seat in the following manner:
- A $250 administration fee applies to all resale of seats where the payment transaction is processed by CCML.
- If CCML is requested by the guest to find a replacement for their trip seat, payment will be refunded to the guest once the seat has been filled and payment has been received. Refunds will be issued by cheque and may take 4 to 6 weeks to process, if processed during the operating season.
- CCML will discuss a resale price of your seat with you prior to advertising it. The recommended resale price may be less than face value, depending on how close the resale is to the trip start date.
- You may resell your seat privately to another skier, aged 19 years of age or older, but only with our knowledge and consent. In order for CCML to not charge a resale administrative fee, you must collect monies directly from the replacement guest.
- In the unlikely event that the seat cannot be filled either by CCML or the cancelling guest, then all payments received by CCML are non-refundable.
Guests who booked prior to April 6 and have not signed the updated booking terms should reference the following:
Down Days & Weather Delays
Chatter Creek has a spare snowcat available to minimize the likelihood that any ski time would be lost due to equipment issues. It is very unlikely that you would lose a ski day as a result of our inability to repair our equipment.
Unfavourable weather anomalies beyond the control of Chatter Creek can cause down days, and although very rare in the cat skiing sector, it is possible and has happened. Chatter Creek does not provide replacement ski days for down days lost due to weather-related problems (e.g. extreme avalanche conditions, unusual torrential rain, etc.)
There is no extra charge for guests delayed at the lodge due to weather. When booking your flights home, we suggest that you allow sufficient time in case there is a delay returning from the lodge or possible highway closures. Flights home are best booked for the following day. Winter travel can be unpredictable and the storm cycles that make travel difficult usually produce the best powder skiing.
In the event that the helicopter cannot fly to the lodge due to poor weather, Chatter Creek assumes no responsibility for costs incurred (on the Golden end) by guests having to find alternate accommodation and meals but will assist with finding suitable accommodation.
Chatter Creek is not responsible for mechanical issues or weather which results in the helicopter not being available for transporting guests to/from the lodge. Additional costs incurred by the guest in the event the helicopter is unable to fly are the responsibility of the guest.
Cancellation and Other Insurance
Chatter Creek strongly recommends that you consider purchasing trip insurance which covers you for cancellation, delay or injury. You will not receive a refund from Chatter Creek if you do not take your trip or your trip is curtailed by an incident happening either before your arrival or during your ski holiday.
You should also ensure that you have adequate medical and evacuation insurance to cover you in the event of injury.
Personal Property Insurance
If you are concerned about the safety of your equipment and personal belongings, please ensure that they are covered by your household insurance policy before you leave home. Equipment lost in a fall or in an avalanche is the responsibility of the guest. Attempts will be made to recover the lost articles at the time or in the summer, but the terrain is vast, inaccessible and rugged in the summer and this makes recovery tough. Chatter Creek reserves the right to charge the skier for lost rental skis, depending on the circumstances.
Heli Evacuation Coverage
*For the 2021-2022 season there is a mandatory COVID-19 evacuation fee of an additional $5 per day.*
Given the remoteness of the Chatter Creek Lodge, the cost of a BC Air Ambulance flight can run anywhere from $2,500 to $3,500 CAD. We have instituted a heli-evacuation program, offered at a nominal fee of $5 per ski day. This is a great way to protect yourself from these costs, allowing you to focus on recovery from your accident, or injury.
To make it nice and simple, the cost of this program is already included in your booking.
If you are injured and the first aid attendant at the scene determines that a helicopter evacuation is required, you will be flown out, and there will be no bill, or invoice.
Although the need for heli-evacuation is uncommon, Air Ambulance is not always covered by your medical insurance. It is NOT covered by Canadian Medical Insurance Plans.
Please e-mail and let us know if you would like to opt-out of the program.
* For residents not covered by the BC Medical Services Plan.
COVID-19: Revisions to Standard Booking Terms Conditions Policy
COVID-19: 2021-22 Season Revisions to Standard Terms & Conditions
COVID 19: Revised Booking Terms & Conditions for the 2021-22 Season
Our standard Booking Terms and Conditions still apply to future seasons, however in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, CCML has been working hard to make some modifications to both our booking and operational policies for the upcoming season. Key changes are set out below.
1. Booking & Cancelation Information for all Cat Ski, Small Group Cat Ski, and Ski Touring
Chatter Creek Mountain Lodges Ltd. (“CCML” or “Chatter Creek”) recognizes there are a number of COVID-19 related travel concerns that may continue to contribute to guests not being able to attend their 2021-22 tour. In consideration of this, we will continue to offer modifications to our standard booking policies for the 2021-22 season to provide guests with the flexibility they need to stay safe and comfortable.
We are therefore making the following options available to our guests for this season:
- Roll Forward & Early Cancelation of 2021-22 Trips: We would like to extend to all guests the option to roll forward or cancel your booking. We ask that you finalize your decision by October 20, 2021. Guests may also elect to take a cash refund for their deposit however, guests who elect to take a refund will lose their rebooking rights for future seasons. All cash refunds will be issued by cheque.
- Confirming Attendance of 2021-22 Trips: For our guests who elect to attend their tour this 2021-22 season, we are excited to welcome you back. We ask that you finalize your decision to attend your tour by October 20, 2021. Final payment on all trips will be collected on October 25, 2021. Following this confirmation, should a situation arise where you are unable to attend your tour due to illness, border closures or restrictions, or any other reason, Chatter Creek will attempt to resell your tour seat and provide you with a refund in the amount of the resale value. If the seat is not resold, Chatter Creek will credit forward 60% of your booking payment to the 2022-23 season while retaining an admin fee in the amount of 40% of the payment.
2. Changes to Tour Dates & Cancellations Initiated by Chatter Creek
Chatter Creek will strive to maintain your current tour dates and bookings, however in some instances, guests may be asked to adjust or roll forward tour dates if any applicable governmental authority imposes restrictions on indoor gathering sizes resulting in reduced capacities. Should this occur, all cancelled guests will have the opportunity to receive a full refund or roll forward their full payment to the following season.
3. Final Payment Collection, Roll Forward, & Cancellation Deadline
CCML is asking all guests to decide on their 2021‐22 travel plans by October 20, 2021. All Guests will receive an email with a booking link that will require them to confirm which option they would like to select for their 2021-22 tour booking. We ask that all guests/group organizers complete this form no later than October 20, 2021, either providing confirmation that they will be attending their tour, rolling their deposit forward to next year, or requesting a refund of their deposit via cheque. Please note, in the case of a refund, the guest will lose their first right to rebook in future years. CCML will be processing final payments for all 2021‐22 cat skiing trips on October 25, 2021.
4. Cancellation following final payment:
- Normal Course Cancellations: If you can not make your trip for any reason following final payment, as always, our CCML reservations team will work with you to resell your tour seat. If your tour seat is resold, you will receive compensation in the amount of the resale price as per the standard Booking Terms and Conditions.
- COVID-19 Border Closure or Restriction Related Cancellations: In the event a guest cannot attend their tour due to COVID-19 related border closures or travel restrictions, CCML will work with the guest to resell their seat in accordance with our standard Booking Terms and Conditions. If the guest seat does not resell CCML will share in the risk of COVID-19 travel restrictions with our guests by providing 60% payment credit forward towards the guests following year’s tour.
- COVID-19 Illness & Exposure Related Cancellations: In the event a guest cannot attend their tour due to COVID-19 related exposure, illness, or Symptoms, CCML will work with the guest to resell their seat in accordance with our standard Booking Terms and Conditions. If you are exposed to someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 leading up to your tour start date, or should you become ill or begin to experience Symptoms (defined below) leading up to your tour start date, we are asking that you do not attend your tour. Should either of these situations occur, CCML will share in the risk of COVID-19 related illness with
our guests by providing 60% payment credit forward towards their following year’s tour.
Should you arrive at the heliport with Symptoms, you will be required to forgo attending your tour. CCML will then issue you a 60% credit forward towards your seat in the following year’s tour.
For the purposes of this contract, “Symptoms” means all COVID-19 symptoms as identified by the BC Provincial Government from time to time including, without limitation: fever or chills, cough, loss of sense of smell or taste, difficulty breathing, sore throat, loss of appetite, extreme fatigue or tiredness, headache, body aches, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
- COVID-19 Illness or Symptoms presenting once at the Lodge: Should a guest begin to display or experience Symptoms while attending a tour, that guest will be evacuated from the lodge. Guests who leave the lodge under these circumstances will not be eligible for credit for missed ski days. CCML reserves the right to request that a guest leave the lodge at any time during their tour if CCML believes they are displaying or otherwise experiencing Symptoms.
- COVID-19 Closure initiated by Chatter Creek: Should CCML initiate the partial or full cancellation of a tour due to an unanticipated need to shut down operations either before or during the 2021-22 operating season, guests will be issued a payment credit forward for their cancelled tour dates that will be credited towards their 2022-23 tour seat.
5. 2021-22 Covid-19 Emergency Evacuation Surcharge
CCML guests will be required to pay an additional $5 per day emergency evacuation surcharge on their 2021-22 tour to provide emergency transport insurance that will cover the cost of helicopter evacuation for any guest experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
6. 2021-22 Standard Policy on Payment Credits Rolled Forward
All guests who elect to receive a payment credit rolled forward to the following season must recognize and agree that their new reservation is subject to forthcoming price increases in the 2022-23 season. This policy applies to all rebookings regardless of if the rebooking was initiated by guest request or due to cancellations made on the part of Chatter Creek.
Please note that our standard Booking Terms and Conditions remain applicable, subject only to the revisions described herein. We expect that, should COVID-19 be resolved, the 2022-2023 season will operate under the standard Booking Terms and Conditions.
CCML reserves the right to amend this policy at a later date.