Booking & Cancellation Policy
To confirm your reservation a 25% non-refundable deposit is required within 2 weeks of booking. The due date will be shown on your confirmation & payment form.
For groups, we will accept both one payment (cheque or credit card) for each of the initial and final deposits, or multiple cheques and credit card payments for each deposit.
All credit card payments must include a signed authorization form for both the initial and final deposit with the dates that payments are due. If paying by cheque, please send a post dated cheque to be sure payment is received on time.
Chatter Creek accepts cheques, money orders, Visa and Mastercard. We are unable to accept Amex.
All our rates are quoted in Canadian dollars and are inclusive of taxes.
The final 75% payment is due as follows:
- December & January trips: September 30
- Trips starting February 1 to March 13 : October 31
- Trips starting March 13 to end of season: November 30
For bookings made after the above deadlines, full payment is due upon reservation.
By booking and paying for your trip you accept our terms and conditions, waiver and cancellation policies on our website. Please ensure you have read them in detail before you book.
Group Organisers & Group Bookings
Our Group Organisers (GO) are highly valued by Chatter Creek. For the tremendous efforts the GO undertakes they are rewarded by a rebate on the trip price. The size of the rebate is dependent upon the size of the group.
Basic Rebate *
Incentive Rebate *
|9 – 11||$650||N/A|
|6 – 8||$350||N/A|
* Amounts shown are before taxes. The applicable GST, hotel and municipal taxes will be added to these rebates.
The GOs have 2 weeks after the last day of their ski trip to confirm their group’s booking for next year. Our standard cancellation and payment policy applies to all group bookings.
The full GO rebate will be deducted from the final payment of the trip. As the GO you will be able to decide whether the discount will be applied to your seat, evenly amongst the group, or towards a joining guest’s seat.
We offer an incentive level of Group Organizer rebate for those motivated GOs who do most of the administration required for their group. To qualify, all of the following criteria must be met:
All member accounts must be completed and added to the booking by the GO before the final payment is processed.
A rooming list must be provided with, or prior to, the final payment being processed.
US Group Organisers
If you wish to pay by cheque in US funds, please contact the Chatter Creek office and we will advise you what the US amount payable will be at the current rate of exchange. Otherwise, you may pay by Visa or MasterCard or by cheque in Canadian funds.
- If Chatter Creek is asked to find a replacement for the cancelling skier, payments will be refunded when the seat is filled with another guest less an administration fee of $250.
- Chatter Creek will discuss the price for the seat with you prior to advertising it.
- If a seat is filled by Chatter Creek, you will be refunded the amount paid by the guest purchasing the seat, less an administration fee of $250.
- You may sell your tour to another skier aged 19 years or older with our knowledge and consent, but in order for Chatter Creek not to charge you the $250 administration fee, you must collect the monies directly from the replacement skier. Chatter Creek will not be involved in the transaction, other than to receive the new name and forms.
- If the seat cannot be filled either by Chatter Creek or the cancelling guest, then all payments received by Chatter Creek are non refundable.
- Chatter Creek strongly recommends that you purchase trip cancellation insurance. We have found that approximately 10% of guests cancel for various reasons, including getting hurt while skiing with us. If you do not have a source for this insurance we can give you the contact information for this.
- Chatter Creek reserves the right to cancel any skiing package at any time. Trips cancelled due to weather will not be refunded. Although cancellation for another reason is highly unlikely, if we did cancel we would refund the full package cost. Chatter Creek will not be responsible for any other cost incurred by the guest as a result of the cancellation.
Chatter Creek has a spare snowcat available to minimize the likelihood that any ski time would be lost due to equipment issues. It is very unlikely that you would lose a ski day as a result of our inability to repair our equipment.
Unfavourable weather anomalies beyond the control of Chatter Creek can cause down days, and although very rare in the cat skiing sector, it is possible and has happened. Chatter Creek does not provide replacement ski days for down days lost due to weather related problems (e.g. extreme avalanche conditions, unusual torrential rain, etc.)
There is no extra charge for guests delayed at the lodge due to weather. When booking your flights home, we suggest that you allow sufficient time in case there is a delay returning from the lodge or possible highway closures. Flights home are best booked for the following day. Winter travel can be unpredictable and the storm cycles that make travel difficult usually produce the best powder skiing.
In the event that the helicopter cannot fly to the lodge due to poor weather, Chatter Creek assumes no responsibility for costs incurred (on the Golden end) by guests having to find alternate accommodation and meals, but will assist with finding suitable accommodation.
Chatter Creek is not responsible for mechanical issues or weather that results in the helicopter not being available for transporting guests to/from the lodge. Additional costs incurred by the guest in the event the helicopter is unable to fly are the responsibility of the guest.
Cancellation and Other Insurance
Chatter Creek strongly recommends that you consider purchasing trip insurance which covers you for cancellation, delay or injury. You will not receive a refund from Chatter Creek if you do not take your trip or your trip is curtailed by an incident happening either before your arrival or during your ski holiday.
You should also ensure that you have adequate medical and evacuation insurance to cover you in the event of injury.
If you would like to book your insurance please do so by contacting Wanetta at email@example.com or at 1-866-667-0811.
For more information you can download Chatter Creek Insurance Brochure 2016-17 and/or Chatter Creek Enroll 2016-17. Those forms belong to Uniglobe and Chatter Creek is not responsible for any misinformation.
Personal Property Insurance
If you are concerned about the safety of your equipment and personal belongings, please ensure that they are covered by your household insurance policy before you leave home. Equipment lost in a fall or in an avalanche is the responsibility of the guest. Attempts will be made to recover the lost articles at the time or in the summer, but the terrain is vast, inaccessible and rugged in the summer and this makes recovery tough. Chatter Creek reserves the right to charge the skier for lost rental skis, depending on the circumstances.
Heli Evacuation Insurance
* Given the remoteness of the Chatter Creek Lodge, the cost of a BC Air Ambulance flight can run anywhere from $2,500 to $3,500 CAD. We have instituted a heli-evacuation program, offered at a nominal fee of $5 per ski day. This is a great way to protect yourself from these costs, allowing you to focus on recovery from your accident, or injury.
To make it nice and simple, we simply add the cost of this program to your booking.
If you are injured and the first aid attendant at the scene determines that a helicopter evacuation is required, you will be flown out, and there will be no bill, or invoice.
Although this is uncommon, Air Ambulance is not always covered by your medical insurance. It is NOT covered by Canadian Medical Insurance Plans.
Please e-mail and let us know if you would like to opt out of the program.
* For residents not covered by the BC Medical Services Plan.
If Chatter Creek issues a credit to a guest, unless stated otherwise, that credit will expire two years from the date of issue.
For example, a credit issued on December 15, 2017 will expire on December 15, 2019.
In the above example, this timeline allows the skier to utilize the credit for the remainder of the 2017/18 season, the full 2018/19 season, and the beginning of the 2019/20 season.
Credits are held in the guest’s name. However, they can be utilised as follows:
- Put towards the cost of a future trip for the guest
- Sold to another skier
- Gifted to a friend or family member
To continue to be valid, the transfer of any credit (either by sale or gift) must be communicated to Chatter Creek by e-mail, or in writing, by the original recipient of the credit.