IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION ABOUT AVALANCHE TRANSCEIVERS
Any electronic device has the potential to interfere with the function of any avalanche transceiver.
GoPro cameras ARE FINE if wireless capability is turned off.
Any metal object has the potential to interfere with the function of any avalanche transceiver.
The items detailed below have been tested and proven to have the potential to interfere with avalanche transceivers:
The following items are not allowed in the field during the ski day:
- Electrically heated gloves
- Clothing with magnets (EG magnetized zipper flap closures)
- Cameras or other electronic devices with wireless capability unless they are in airplane mode.
- Chest mounted cameras or other electronic devices
- Wrist watches with radio functions (EG GPS capability)
- Heart rate monitors
The following items must be kept a minimum of 50cm away from your avalanche transceiver at all times:
- Cell phones (must be in airplane mode)
- Any metallic object (even foil food packaging, i.e. energy bar)
- All cameras
- iPods or other music players (wireless capability must be turned off). Please turn music off while outside the snowcat.
- Contact us if you have any questions.
- For more information read: http://www.mtavalanche.com/blog/do-phones-interfere-avalanche-beacons