Golden Locals Get It Good
Posted: Mar 12, 2017 | Blog | Tags: Chatter Creek , Catskiing , Golden , GoldenBC , chatter , golden film festival , biglines
A small crew of Golden locals were lucky enough to spend a couple of days at Chatter at the end of last month.
Jessie Oatway (Oatway Productions), Tim Grey (Biglines.com) and and Tristan Musick-Miller (filmer) are compiling a video edit for the Golden Film Festival to be aired later this season. Dave Best from Best Impressions Photography was on hand to capture some stills for their stories and social media. Athletes Justin Baun and Ave Perry rode alongside Jessie Oatway and ensured that justice was done to the endless terrain options.
As always, Chatter did not fail to impress, and provided an amazing opportunity to ride, film and capture some amazing footage. From big lines to stunning cliff and pillow zones, the shooting locations provided the terrain and snow conditions that people typically only dream of. Couple that with two days of amazing weather and a lodge that welcomed the crew with amazing food and an amazing team of staff, and to quote Tim from Biglines “We got it good”.
The entire crew were keen to thank the following people at Chatter:
- Isabelle Thibeault for the opportunity and promotion
- Josh Milligan, Mountain Ops Manager – for co-ordination and terrain access
- Steve Konik – Guide – for his patience and support
- Graham – Tail Guide – for his sense of humour and line selection
- Jamie VanDrunen – for being an incredibly patient cat driver
- Ricky Edmonds – for his support and help behind the scenes
Many thanks also go to Charlie and all the staff at Chatter Creek for an amazing trip.
Text and photos: Dave Best