What To Bring – Ski Touring
Posted: Sep 13, 2018
*Please note that due to COVID-19, Guided Ski Touring will not be available for the 2020/2021 Season.*
Suggested Packing List:
- Touring equipment (boots, skis with touring bindings (or split-board), poles and skins)
- Backpack suitable for touring.
- Water bottle, thermos and lunch container
- Gear specific hardware for repair (for your personal equipment)
- Goggles, gloves, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Outerwear suitable for all conditions and temperatures.
- Clothing layers so you can adjust for a variety of conditions.
- Bathing suit for hot tub (towels are provided).
- Casual clothing, slippers or shoes to wear in the lodge.
- Prescriptions, carry in two places, one with you and one with your luggage, in case your luggage gets misplaced.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard or cash for purchases made at the lodge.
Backcountry Safety Equipment:
Chatter Creek provides every guest with backcountry safety equipment (transceiver, shovel, probe and radio).
Personal Electronic Devices:
Research has proven that any electronic device that sends or receives a wireless signal has the potential to interfere with the function of an avalanche transceiver. This interference can compromise the capabilities of the transceiver and make it more difficult to rescue a buried person in the event of an avalanche. With your safety as our top priority, we ask that you refrain from carrying any electronic device that may cause interference with an avalanche transceiver. More information on the acceptable use of electronic devices can be found here.
Chatter Creek Mountain Lodges recommends wearing helmets for skiing and riding. Skiers and snowboarders are encouraged to educate themselves on the benefits and limitations of helmet usage. The primary safety consideration and obligation under the Alpine Responsibility Code, is to ski and ride in a controlled and responsible manner. For more information, please see the NSAA Helmet Usage Fact Sheet.
Please do NOT bring the following:
- Narrow skis that are not suitable for powder skiing.
- Blow dryers (Chatter provides)
- Alcoholic beverages (we offer a wide selection of wine, spirits, and beer).
- Large hard-sided suitcases.
- Hand and toe warmers (available at the lodge)
- Transceiver, probe, and shovel (Chatter provides)
- Shampoo, Conditioner and Body Wash (Chatter provides)
- Towels (Chatter provides both shower and hot tub towels)